The Old Fire Station was officially opened on the 11th May 1899 following the decision to open it in 1897.
Two years previously a committee was established to organise the building of this new Fire Station, the Fire Station was named the Jubilee Fire station after Queen Victoria’s Diamond Jubilee of that same year.
The building remained in use as a the Fire Station until the lease ended in 1969 when that year the fire brigade moved into the new Fire Station in Ivel Road near the junction with South Bridge Street. Up to September 2012, the building was occupied by Shefford Town Council who relocated to the Shefford House on the High Street, and now The Wellness Hub reside in this historic building.
The Wellness Hub - Shefford Clinic, The Old Fire Station, 13 North Bridge Street, Shefford, Bedfordshire SG17 5DQ. Tel. - 01462 850228.